Brussels international airport has said that it will remain closed to all passenger traffic through Sunday after the terror attacks at its departure hall earlier this week.
“Following these attacks, there will be no passenger flights into and out of Brussels Airport until Sunday 27 March included,” the airport said in a statement on Thursday.
The announcement extends by two days an earlier deadline for reopening the airport.
With the forensic investigation still ongoing, access to the airport building remains banned.
“Until we can assess the damage, it remains unclear when we can resume operations,” the airport added.
At least 31 people have died in Tuesday’s twin suicide bombing at Brussel’s Zaventem international airport and a third suicide attack at Maelbeek metro station.