About 50 flights from Brussels Airport, which reopened this month after a deadly bomb attack, were canceled on Wednesday as a strike among air traffic controllers entered a second day.
Brussels Airport, one of Europe’s busiest, reopened on April 3 with limited capacity, restricted by tight security and temporary structures erected after bombs destroyed the departure hall on March 22.
Labor leaders had asked staff to call in sick on Tuesday due to disagreements over a proposed dispute settlement, including a rise in the minimum retirement age.
A spokesman for air traffic authority Belgocontrol said some workers had again called in sick on Wednesday but capacity was increased to 20 landings or take-offs per hour from 15 earlier in the day.
“We’ll go to 25 later in the day,” the spokesman said.
A spokeswoman for Brussels Airport said some 50 flights had been canceled until midday on Wednesday, out of about 400 scheduled flights.