A strike on the Southern rail network has been called off to allow fresh talks in the row over the role of conductors, Acas said.
Industrial action on Thursday and Friday has been called off for negotiations to resume.
RMT members began a five-day walk out on Monday but Southern said it was encouraged its offer of talks had been accepted.
The company said it hoped the talks would be productive.
The rail operator said the strike timetable – which is running 60% of normal services – remained in the train-planning systems for the next two days.
“Regrettably, this means tomorrow’s service will be based upon the present strike timetable but we will do our very best to add services in and extend the hours of operation wherever possible,” a spokesman said.