In my opinion the only way to go on the Rocky Mountaineer is at the Gold Leaf Level. Yes, it’s an investment, but it is so worth it! Here is why:
#1: The views!!
- Just imagine being able to see the Rockies and all its glory from the comfort of your seat surrounded by a glass dome. Trust me it is incredible. Not only could I see everything, but the pace of the train made it easier for me to soak in the sky-high waterfalls, majestic mountains and winding turquois rivers. If you are lucky, you might even see wildlife!
#2: Food and Drink:
- First of all, you will absolutely not go hungry or feel parched. We were served alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout our journey and the breakfast and lunch served in the dining car exceeded our expectations. Bonus: it is included in the package.
#3: Fresh Air:
- A wonderful highlight for me was the outdoor viewing deck. Yes, you heard me right. An outdoor viewing deck with fresh air. Honestly it really is a wonderful experience to feel the breeze on your face, breathe in the fresh air and to see up close the beauty that makes the Rockies so special.
#4: Comfort and Service:
- While enjoying the views, from the comfort of my reclining chair, the staff provide perfectly timed information about the geography and history of the area we were passing by. They are a wealth of information so, be sure to ask them questions.
#5: The memories:
- Being able to see parts of the Rockies that only a few people or cargo trains can see is an incredible opportunity. Especially when you can share it with some speical (in my case my mom).
Want to go? I sure do and I have already gone, but there are so many different routes and lenghts you can book. It all depends on your preference.
If you do decide to book, reach out to me and I am happy to help you add to your trip with pre and post experineces that are unique and special to you.