Missing travel, but still want to be inspired? Here are five books to check out!
1. Wild Horses of the Summer Sun by Tory Bilski – If you are curious about Iceland and love outdoor adventure then do not delay and pick up this book. It takes you on a journey with a group of female travelers bound together by their love for Icelandic horses.
2. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle – Follow a British writer to the south of France who shares his experiences with you from culinary adventures to cultural missteps.
3. World Travel: An Irreverent Guide by Anthony Bourdain and Laurie Woolever – This book capture’s Anthony Bourdain’s adventurous foodie experiences and shares them with you in an entertaining and informative way with contributions from friends, family, and colleagues. The catch is that it won’t be available until April 2021. Can’t wait? Check out "No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach." Also by Anthony Bourdain.
4. A Woman Alone: Travel Tales from Around the Globe edited by Faith Conlon, Ingrid Emerick and Christina Henry de Tessan – Thinking of traveling solo? This book is full of relatable stories from solo female travelers that are real, transparent, and uplifting. It may just give you the push you need, to do it on your own, when you are ready to travel again.
5. Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes – Ok I had to include this book because it is not only set in a beautiful part of Italy (actually what part of Italy is not beautiful…lol), but there is a splash of romance, self-reflection and growth that makes it such a wonderful read.
Stay in touch and follow me on: