Go beyond the guidebook on a Globus Undiscovered Tour.
While it might be the iconic sights of the world that first entice you to pack your bags for adventure, it’s often the tucked-away towns, lesser-known nooks, and secluded seafronts that beckon you to return. On an undiscovered tour with Globus, they lead you away from the lines of the Colosseum and down the sunny side streets of quiet Tuscan towns; away from the chaos of Athens and towards the white-washed villages of the Mediterranean; away from the hustle and bustle of London and into quaint villages in the heart of the British countryside. You'll leave behind the crowds and forget about the familiar, trading them for places known only to locals.
Italy is full of wondrous gems from north to south and heal to toe. And while there’s no question it has some of the most incredible “must-see” sites in the world, Italy is so much more than the Colosseum and ancient canals.
When you go off the beaten piazza, you’ll find centuries-old farmland, whitewashed towns, and miles of scenic coastline where the water is bluer, the produce is fresher and the pace is delightfully slower. And, only Globus’s “Undiscovered Italy” vacations invite you to kick back and live la dolce vita while discovering MORE of what makes Italy “magnifica” from vineyard to the grove, and clifftop to cave.
• Hidden Treasures of Southern Italy Experience the Grotte du Castellana! One of the largest cave systems in Italy, it stretches over two miles and features underground tunnels with stunning geological formations illuminated in a rainbow of hues as the sun moves through the sky. After this spectacular excursion, you’re invited to a wine and olive oil tasting, followed by dinner at a local masseria (farmhouse).
• The Sicilian Rising up through the rocky peaks of Sicily, discover Ragusa – its winding and bending alleyways, baroque palazzi, stone homes, and picture-perfect squares in the Ibla – a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its beautiful palaces and churches.
• Northern Italy’s Highlights and Cinque Terre – Find out why WB Yeats and Ezra Pound garnered inspiration in Rapallo – a scenic, shoreline city with bright-blue cabins, palm-lined beach, a cheerful promenade and 16th-century castle perched high above this waterfront city along the Italian Riviera.
Tartans, castles, bagpipes, lochs … Rich histories, hillside villages, rocky landscapes, and the MOST beautiful scenery … There’s nothing like Scotland & Ireland.
And when you trade cities for uncrowded country-sides, you’re in for a new, “undiscovered” side of life that will have you raising a glass – and raising your sights higher – to a whole new world.
• Scottish Highland Fling: Enjoy great historical and cultural highs in the highlands of Scotland when you visit a whisky distillery to taste – and learn the history of – the country’s famous Scotch. Then take a walk through history at Dunrobin Castle. Built in 1275, this palatial estate was home to the Earls and Dukes of Sutherland. Adorned with classic fairytale turrets and towers, Dunrobin is set in the picturesque countryside, outside the village of Golspie, waiting to be rediscovered.
• Emerald Isle: Get ready to don an apron and whip up your own delicious homemade scones at a farm in the Irish countryside before you enjoy encounters with the local sheep in the beautiful Irish landscape. Then, head to the infamous Cliffs of Moher for an AWE-some afternoon, breathing in the beauty and fresh air.
• Scottish Highlands & Islands: Surround yourself with postcard-perfect landscapes, stunning wildlife, and centuries-old abbey as you explore the Isles of Mull and Iona in Scotland. Iona is also considered Scotland’s “cradle of Christianity” and heralded as one of the world’s quietest places. You will ferry to both islands and spend the day taking in the scenery and history found here, off the main coast of Scotland.
Between North America’s breathtaking national parks, cool emerging cities, and tiny historic towns, there’s a surplus of sights you haven’t seen in your own backyard. With bucket-list vacations from Canada to Cali and Yakima to the Yukon, you're invited to fetch a pail of wonder as you discover the undiscovered right outside your door with “Undiscovered” North American vacations.
From the redwood forests to the Gulf Stream waters, this land was made for you to see.
• Southern California Charms & Hollywood Dreams: Behold rugged rock formations, stark desert landscapes, and twisted, bristled trees on an exhilarating 4-wheel drive tour through Joshua Tree National Park.
• Lost Canyons of the Southwest: Along with a Navajo Guide, join a 4-wheel-drive backcountry vehicle adventure in Canyon de Chelly National Monument and take delight in the area’s canyon, surrounded by towering sandstone cliffs.
• Bourbon, Bridles & Bluegrass: Get a buzz out of a bourbon tasting at the 200-year-old Buffalo Trace Distillery, a world leader in spirits.
• Québec in Depth with the Gaspé Peninsula: Lunch at the historic Estevan Lodge – once the summer home to Elsie Reford, a pioneer of Canadian horticulture, offers a seasonal menu with 140 edible plants picked daily from the gardens.
The World is Yours to Enjoy with Globus. With Globus Tours, everything is planned for you, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. With more inclusions and experiences, Globus gives you the freedom and time to explore within the group, and on your own. They choose hotels that rest in the heart of each destination giving you a VIP experience. And with their top travel experts and guides, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
Terms & ConditionsContact Direct Travel to plan a Globus vacation.