Why go global with Vision? We can design a global program unique to your company that delivers quality data reporting and strong local service around the world through the Radius network of best-in-market agencies.
Like us, each of those agencies meets high operating, financial and service standards required for Radius membership. They know their markets the way we know our market, so your travelers and local offices have local resources to turn to – people who understand the language, culture, and all that is distinctive about their market.
At the same time, Radius drives the implementation of your specific requirements across all of your markets and collects accurate and complete data from every agency. Radius then consolidates that data for timely and comprehensive reporting to you.
So if you want all the benefits of a consolidated program together with outstanding local service and support in markets throughout the world, we can help you. Vision Travel can take you global with Radius Travel.
Ian Race, Senior Vice President of Sales & Account Management for Vision Travel sits on the 2015 GBTA Canada Advisory Board.
No matter where you travel, when you purchase from a TICO registered travel agency, you have comfort knowing TICO is there to help.
TICO regulates the Ontario travel industry.
Through mandatory registration of all Ontario travel agencies, TICO ensures agencies adhere to the Ontario Travel Industry Act. And that means they must follow the law.
That means things like proper invoicing and disclosure, truthful advertising and financial compliance – and holding your money in trust. We also see they meet educational standards for the industry.
TICO inspects and monitors Ontario travel agencies.
TICO makes sure the travel agencies you’re buying from follow strict consumer protection laws, all backed by the Ontario Travel Industry Act. TICO inspects and monitors all agencies, and disciplines those that don’t follow these laws.
TICO promotes fair and ethical competition, supports a Code of Ethics and encourages legislative and regulatory changes.
TICO refunds money for services you paid for but did not receive.
If you purchase travel services from a TICO registered travel agency and you don’t receive those services because of closure or bankruptcy, TICO helps.
If your cruise line, airline or even travel agency fails to provide services you paid for, TICO gives refunds of up to $5,000 per person. In certain circumstances, when travellers are stranded, we even bring them home.
Compensation Fund coverage is subject to the provisions of Ontario Regulation 26/05.
TICO helps you out with a complaints process.
We hope your travel always goes well, but if you’re not happy and you and your travel agency can’t seem to resolve the situation, we can help. But remember, if your agency isn’t TICO registered, there’s not much we can do.
If you book with a TICO registered travel agency, TICO helps with a complaints process, communicates with your travel agency and makes sure the consumer protection laws were properly followed.
Although we can’t impose a settlement or act as an arbitrator, we make sure you’ve got a process to help solve your concern.
What is ACTA?
Established in 1977, the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA), is a national trade association representing the retail travel sector of Canada’s tourism industry. ACTA is an industry-led, non profit, membership based organization.
Members include retail travel agencies and suppliers such as tour operators, travel wholesalers, airlines, hotels, destination marketing organizations, cruise and rail lines, and automobile rental companies. ACTA represents the interests of Canadian travellers through approximately 2,000 members employing 14,000 travel professionals.
Why is ACTA here?
- To ensure consumers have professional and meaningful travel counselling by providing effective leadership in a number of key strategic areas on behalf of the retail travel industry members.
- Advocacy and Lobbying federal and provincial governments and national and multi-national corporations to ensure a positive environment exists for travel retailers to provide service to travel consumers.
- Communications & Public relations to government and travel industry partners to insure they are aware of the importance of the retail travel sector; to the general public to ensure they are aware of the benefits of using ACTA member retailers for their travel needs; and to members and non members to better equip them to manage their businesses.
- Perform and communicate Research which is relevant and meaningful to members and partners to enable them to better manage their businesses and work more effectively together.
- Facilitate or deliver Education and Training to further professionalize the retail travel sector and add greater value to travel consumers. -Membership Development to ensure the greatest participation rate of the retail travel community in ACTA and maximum impact for businesses and consumers in Canada.
As Canada’s leading member of Virtuoso we offer insider connections and industry expertise – along with the guidance and know-how you require to make educated travel choices. Virtuoso is the most prestigious and established travel network in the world. So when you travel, you can do so with confidence – secure in the knowledge that you’ll get more, simply by booking through us.
We offer complimentary benefits when you cruise with Vision Travel, including: escorted pre- and post-cruise trips, shore excursions, land packages and special social events on more than 450 departures per year with luxury cruise lines.
You want to travel your way, and we’re experts at making independent arrangements. Our custom vacation options are endless. Tell us what personal touches you would like to add, and we’ll fine-tune your vacation to make it your own.