The information shared here is current as of May 25, 2020; and we encourage you to visit the Rocky Mountaineer website prior to travel for the latest information.
Your health and safety are, and always have been, our highest priority. We want you to be confident and comfortable during your travels with us. We are committed to delivering our world-class service to you while ensuring your health and safety throughout your journey with us.
As government guidelines and industry best practices continue to evolve around the prevention of COVID-19 and other viruses and illnesses, we will continue to update and enhance our health and safety procedures. We continuously strive to be best in class when it comes to your health and safety.
How you can prepare for your journey
We want to continue to make our journeys as seamless and easy as possible for you. We do ask that you bring and wear a protective face covering, such as a non-medical face mask, in specific instances where 2-metre distance between your travel group and others is not be possible, as recommended by Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer. As well, to follow our guidelines below. You can leave the rest to us, so you can sit back, relax and be assured that we are taking care of your health and safety throughout your journey.
• During our quick and seamless check-in experience, you’ll be asked health-related questions. Your temperature may be taken as a preventative measure as well.
• Our team members will wear face coverings, gloves and other items as needed, to ensure your and their safety.
Transfers and boarding
• You will be asked to wear a protective face covering while transferring to and from the train.
• We will limit the number of guests travelling on each motorcoach, and alter our seating procedures, to ensure ample personal space between travel parties. We will limit movement between motorcoaches, so you will travel with the same group of guests for all transfers to and from the train.
• We will adjust our train boarding procedures to transfer you directly from motorcoaches to the train.
• Our team members will wear face coverings, gloves and other items as needed, to ensure your and their safety. Their temperature may also be taken.
Onboard the train
• For your safety and comfort, our train cars are equipped with air filtration systems that ensure a constant intake and circulation of fresh air. In addition, we use filters that capture 99.9% of airborne particles, so you can travel with confidence.
• At the start and end of each travel day our train interiors are thoroughly sanitized using an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer.
• Your train seat and tray table are sanitized prior to each travel day. All high-touch and common areas onboard are disinfected throughout the travel day and again during the overnight cleaning and maintenance period.
• We request you wear protective face coverings while moving about the train car, to and from the restrooms and dining area, or while on the outdoor viewing platform.
• Anti-bacterial soap and fresh water are available in the onboard restrooms, and hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the train coach.
• We have adapted our food and beverage service to replace communal use items, such as condiments and paper menus, with personal use items.
• Our train coaches typically seat 60 guests; however, we will adjust this as needed to ensure ample personal space between travel parties.
• Our team members will wear face coverings, gloves and other items as needed, during the preparation and service of food and beverage, and during all interactions with you.
Terms & ConditionsFor full details please contact a travel advisor