• ROME – Welcome and farewell dinners at a local restaurant
• NARNI – homemade pasta demonstration with a chef, followed by lunch
• SPOLETO – Dinner included at a local restaurant
• FRANTOIO DI SPELLO – Olive oil tasting
• MONTALCINO – Brunello wine tasting and lunch
• ORVIETO – Dinner with wine included at a local restaurant
• PORTO - Port wine tasting at Sandeman & Co.
• LA TOJA ISLAND - Enjoy a coffee and the spectacular view at the Gran Hotel La Toja
• OVIEDO - Enjoy a cider tasting
• PAMPLONA - Walk through the Calle Estafeta, followed by lunch with traditional tapas and Rioja wine at Basaburua restaurant
• BARCELONA - Farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant
• PALERMO - Lunch featuring Sicilian specialties
• MODICA - Chocolate tasting at the famous Dolceria Bonajuto; dinner at a local restaurant
• SAVOCA - Taste granita and brioche at Bar Vitelli
• TAORMINA – Farwell dinner at a local restaurant
Regional Food of Italy:
Asparagus, artichokes, and Easter specialties are popular, plus a handful of festivals, like Turin’s CioccolaTó.
Aubergines, peppers, and berries are in season! Don’t forget to cool off with gelato!
Food festivals, chestnuts, mushrooms and game are musts. This is also the time to seek truffles!
Time for Christmas and Carnevale treats! Look to Sardinia for fresh, local catches like sea urchin.
FUN FOODIE FACTS OF ITALY:
1. You only drink milky coffee, like cappuccino, in the morning— not at any other time of the day!
2. The average Italian consumes 26 gallons of wine a year.
3. In Italy, pepperoni refers to bell peppers. There is no Italian sausage that goes by that name.
4. On average, Italians consume 57 pounds of pasta per person.
Connect with a travvel advisor and explore the best of Europe's culinary destinations with Globus.
The World is Yours to Enjoy with Globus. With Globus Tours and Vacations, everything is planned for you, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. With more inclusions and experiences, Globus give you the freedom and time to explore within the group, and on your own. They choose hotels that rest in the heart of each destination giving you a VIP experience. And with their top travel experts and guides, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
Terms & ConditionsContact a travel advisor for more information on traveling with Globus.