Unique, active and immersive ways to experience Europe.
With AmaWaterways, you have the option of exploring Europe’s amazing sights like the locals do - on two wheels or on two feet. Cycling and hiking offer you the chance to get up close to a destination. AmaWaterways has designed flexible routes take you well beyond the typical tourist paths, and deep into the rich culture and natural beauty of the places you visit. Join AmaWaterways and be ready to get active.
EXPLORE ON TWO WHEELS
With a fleet of complimentary bicycles and helmets on board, you can experience Europe’s enchanting scenery up close. Feel free to take out a bike for a carefree ride on your own or join one of their exclusive guided tours.
• Bike along the Danube River between Dürnstein and Melk in Austria’s UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley
• Ride through the UNESCO town of Bamberg and see its famous breweries and vibrant market gardens
• Go on a guided bike ride in Vienna, where you’ll visit Klosterneuberg Abbey and enjoy cake and coffee
GO FOR A HIKE
The beauty of Europe doesn’t just lie in its architecture and landmarks — there are also breathtaking things to be seen when you venture out into nature. Pick up Nordic walking sticks (provided on board) and go on one of AmaWaterway's specially designed guided hikes that take you off the beaten path in some very beautiful destinations.
• Make your way up to Dürnstein Fortress, where Richard the Lionheart was once held captive
• Scale new heights at Bulgaria’s Belogradchik Fortress, featuring sandstone and limestone rock formations, which have eroded into whimsical shapes of all sizes
• Trek up to the Veste Oberhaus in Passau, Germany for incredible views over Old Passau
Connect with a river cruise expert today to start planning your AmaWaterways voyage.
Family-owned and operated for more than 19 years, AmaWaterways offers unparalleled river cruise experiences with 26 custom-designed ships sailing Europe’s Danube, Douro, Rhine, Moselle, Main, Rhône, Saône, Seine, Garonne and Dordogne Rivers, and Dutch and Belgian Waterways; Southeast Asia’s Mekong River; Africa’s Chobe River; Egypt’s Nile River and Colombia’s Magdalena River (2023).Co-founded and led by pioneering river cruise executives Rudi Schreiner and Kristin Karst, the company is renowned for its extraordinarily warm and welcoming crew; innovative and sustainable ship design; its wellness activities including a wide choice of included small group shore excursions featuring biking and hiking options; and its award-winning, locally sourced cuisine with complimentary fine wine. Modern, spacious and tastefully decorated, most ships welcome an average of just 150 guests and feature onboard amenities such as a stunning Main Lounge, specialty Chef’s Table restaurant, hair and massage salons, a Sun Deck walking track with heated outdoor swimming pools with swim-up bars.
Terms & ConditionsContact a travel advisor for more information on cruising with AmaWaterways.