May 13 - 29, 2019
• Airfare YYJ to Europe return
• 15 nights' accommodation: 4-star, centrally located (within 1.5km of city centre) hotels
• Breakfast daily
• Lunches as per itinerary (~ 12)
• Welcome and Farewell dinners (possible additional dinner river cruise and/or folklore dinner scheduled en route)
• Cultural and concert activities as per itinerary *
• Three concerts
• Local ground transfers for scheduled group activities and arrival/departure
• Long-haul ground transportation by private motor coach
• Professional local guides
• European-based tour director (Michal Svarč, Club Tours, Prague, CZ)
• Canada-based music animateur (Mary Byrne, VCM, Victoria, BC)
• Service charges, taxes, and tips
• $300 donation in support of the Victoria Conservatory of Music
$5,467 CAD PP
Based on double occupancy
Single Supplement: +$1200
Deposit per person: $500
Final Payment: January 30, 2019
Includes a charitable donation of $300 to the Victoria Conservatory of Music. Tax receipt provided.
MARY BYRNE, PH. D.
An active teacher, adjudicator, lecturer, recorded artist, and published author, Mary is internationally respected for her wide-ranging work as a flute-in-hand musician and teacher. With the Victoria Conservatory of Music, Camosun College, and her own Piccolino Studio, she boasts thriving studios and classrooms of students at all ages and stages of musical interest. She is a regular performer with the Victoria Symphony. Without borders or boundaries, she eagerly performs chamber, solo, and small orchestra music for the full flute family. She earned B.Mus. in Flute Performance and Music Education and M.Mus. in Flute Performance degrees from the University of Michigan, and a Ph.D. in Musicology from the University of Victoria, specializing in pedagogy and performance practice of the flutists at the Paris Conservatoire during the 19th and 20th centuries. The Bach Tour is in benefit of the Victoria Conservatory of Music (VCM). By participating in this extraordinary experience you are supporting the musical life and learning of the VCM community.
Terms & Conditions*Itinerary subject to change; final itinerary circulated with tour packet 3-days prior to departure. **Concerts to be announced after the close of tour registration. Not included: travel insurance, VISAs and travel documentation, cell phone and data plans, supplementary WiFi, land-line phone calls, single room supplement, drinks at scheduled meals, meals and/or activities including concerts not specified in the itinerary, porterage, room service, mini bar, laundry, personal expenses, early check-in at Berlin, late check-out at Budapest, expenses related to trip extensions.