- TRAVEL SERVICES PURCHASE AGREEMENT -
For good and valuable consideration (including, without limitation, the mutual covenants and agreements of this Travel Services Purchase Agreement), the user ("customer") agrees, without modification, to the following:
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE NOTICE -
Vision Travel Solutions acts solely as agent for the travel service provider(s) whose services(s) are being arranged for you. Familiarize yourself, and your travel companions with the supplier(s) "terms of sale" before completing the purchase of travel.
We will provide you with electronic or when possible, printed material, when such material is available to us, and explain those portions that relate to the services offered, prices and terms and conditions. Travel service providers are independent parties over which we exercise no direct control. We cannot be responsible for their acts or omissions. Nor do we assume responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays, stress, disappointment, upset or loss of enjoyment to you or your travelling companions or group members, resulting from:
A. The acts or omissions of anyone other than us or our employees, acting properly on our behalf.
B. No employee, agent, advisor or representative of ours has the authority to modify, waive or alter any provision of this notice.
C. In providing travel information, making reservations and issuing tickets and other documents, unless the term "guaranteed" is stated in writing on your tickets, invoice or itinerary, we do not guarantee any of the travel service provider(s) rates, bookings or reservations; we are not responsible for any personal injuries, damages, material damage of goods or losses caused to you in connection with force majeure, terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction difficulties, diseases, local laws, weather and climatic conditions, neglect or default, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions or conditions outside our control. Without limiting the general foregoing, Vision Travel Solutions is not responsible for any consequential damages whatsoever.
There may be different living standards and practices and different standards and conditions with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodation outside of Canada. Information on "relevant laws and customs and documentation" is obtainable through tourist offices, consulates, etc. of the applicable destination. We cannot accept responsibility for the delivery of travel documents on bookings made within 21 days of departure.
Many of the problems for which we cannot be responsible can be insured against. We strongly recommend that you obtain the appropriate insurance coverage.
This contract permits price increases. However, no price increases are permitted after the customer has paid in full. If the total price of the travel services is increased and the cumulative increase, except any increase resulting from an increase in retail sales tax or federal goods and services tax, is more than 7 percent, the customer has the right to cancel the contract and obtain a full refund.
Through your payment to us for these travel services, you are acknowledging your acceptance of our terms set forth in this Notice. www.vision2000travel.com/en/terms-conditions
- AIRPORT CHECK-IN - IT IS THE TRAVELERS RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY FLIGHT TIMES WITH THE AIRLINE PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE. Schedule changes or flight cancellations may occur at any time without notice by the airline. In the event of a delay or cancellation for any reason Vision Travel is not responsible for missed holiday time, loss of wages or any other additional charges incurred.
Travel by air within Canada requires you to check in at least one (1) hour prior to departure.
Travel by air to the USA requires passengers to check in at least two (2) hours prior to departure.
Travel by air internationally requires passengers to check in at least three (3) hours prior to departure.
After check in, you must be at the gate at least 30 minutes prior to boarding, or the airline reserves the right to release your seat.
- BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE - Specific size and weight restrictions vary between airlines. Most airlines charge for baggage. Visit the airline baggage links to see the exact restrictions. Most airline baggage links are available by visiting www.vision2000.ca/baggage. We are not responsible for baggage charges.
- CHANGES / CANCELLATION PENALTIES / REFUNDS -
- AIR TICKETS are 100% non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please refer to your electronic ticket for additional fare rules including change fees. In the event of cancellation or change to an air reservation, Vision Travel Solutions will charge a minimum of $50.00 per person plus HST administration fee in addition to any travel service provider penalty that may be levied.
- CRUISE and TOUR cancellations must be received in writing from the passenger named on the booking.
Vision Travel Solutions will do its utmost to minimize any penalties charged, there are irrecoverable costs associated with your cruise or tour. The following penalties will be considered the costs incurred with cancellation:
(A) 120 days or more prior to departure: Loss of total deposit.
(B) 90 - 61 days prior to departure: Loss of 50% of total cost.
(C) 60 - 45 days prior to departure: Loss of 75% of total cost.
(D) 44 - 0 days prior to departure: loss of 100% of total cost.
- Cancellation penalties for some cruises and tours will vary. If so, these policies will be noted separately at time of booking and will prevail. Vision Travel Solutions may levy a cancellation penalty of minimum $100.00 per person plus HST administration fee in addition to any supplier penalty. Any changes and or re-booking to your itinerary are subject to availability and we do not assume additional costs.
- REFUNDS - There will be no discounts or monies refunded for any missed or unused services. Vision Travel Solutions reserves the right to cancel the tour for any reason. Should this occur a full refund will be made to the traveler.
- PAYMENTS - Deposit amounts due will be advised at time of booking. 90 days prior to departure all full and final payments will be automatically billed to the credit card on file used for your trip deposit. In the case of billing errors, we reserve the right to re-invoice with correct pricing prior to full or final payment.
- PAYMENTS BY CHEQUE - Please make cheques payable to VISION TRAVEL SOLUTIONS. Payment by cheque requires payment due 10 business days prior to final payment date.
- SERVICE FEES and PLANNING FEES are charged at time of booking and are non-refundable. These charges are in addition to any charges imposed by the travel service provider.
- DOCUMENTATION - (Passport, Visa, Health)
- A VALID PASSPORT is required to enter/exit all countries. All Passports (and if required,) most Visas should be valid for at least six months beyond date of scheduled return. Ensure there are two blank pages in your passport so that any required visas or permits can be attached. Travel outside Canada requires infants and children to have their own passport and if required, Visas.
- Notarized parental consent is required for children travelling alone or with one parent or guardian.
- Note - Entry to another country may be refused even if all required information and travel documents are complete.
- VISAS - Travelers are responsible for securing and fulfilling visa and passport requirements to enter/exit all countries and return to Canada. The customer acknowledges having had the opportunity to review the applicable documentation and other requirements prior to completing the purchase of travel services. Obtaining passports and visas may require lengthy processing times and it is the customer's responsibility to ensure timely receipt of all documents. For details on country specific requirements, ask your travel advisor. Visit http://www.ca.cibt.com/vision2000 or call 1.888.665.9956. IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING UNDER A NON-CANADIAN PASSPORT PLEASE LET YOUR TRAVEL ADVISOR KNOW YOU MAY HAVE DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS or visit www.cibtvisas.com, enter Account # 65456. If you are traveling under a visa waiver program, ESTA approval is now required if your trip includes a stop in the USA - http://www.cbp.gov/esta
- HEALTH - Travellers should contact a doctor, Public Health or Travel Clinic six to eight weeks prior to departure from Canada to obtain further information and to receive necessary immunizations. For more information visit Public Health Agency of Canada: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/index-eng.php
-TRAVEL INSURANCE - It is highly recommended that you purchase Trip Cancellation before you complete the purchase of your Trip. Medical out-of the-country insurance is strongly recommended. Government, private health plans and credit cards provide either none or limited coverage while travelling outside of the country. Your travel advisor can offer you a complete travel insurance package including; medical and hospital, trip cancellation and interruption, and lost baggage. Most insurance companies do have exclusions in their coverage. Pre-existing medical conditions and pregnancy are not insurable. High risk activities such as skydiving, parachuting, and bunji jumping may not be covered by the insurance. If you are currently ill, your doctor should give you the authorization to travel out of the country. Read and understand the eligibility rules, limitations, exclusions and definitions of the insurance you have, before venturing abroad. Extra travel insurance can often be purchased.